Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Berries and Garlic

We've begun the garlic harvest and the gooseberries are ready, too.  No, we're not going to mix the two, but we will have them both at the Saturday Market July 28th.

Although our garlic is somewhat smaller than usual this year, it is strong and flavourful.  We have an abundance, too; hence, we are selling it fresh and clean, as well as cured.  I like my garlic fresh, for it's a bit sweeter.

The gooseberries, on the other hand, are huge!  The gooseberry lovers will be pleased on Saturday and there are lots of you out there; I know from previous years.

The wood chips the local tree pruners dropped off a few weeks ago are almost used up in the pathways, and they are fragrant and inviting.  In later years, they will break down and feed the soil and I can move the pathways if I wish or dig them out and lay the soil on top of the beds.  Permaculture on the way...

There's still time to plant onions and leeks for the winter, so I'm off to do that now.  Happy gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment